Opta Sports' stats and facts for this weekend's Super Rugby Unlocked matches.
PUMAS vs STORMERS (Friday, 19:00)
- This will be the first time that the Pumas have faced an SA Super Rugby franchise.
- The Pumas are set to play at home in Super Rugby Unlocked for the first time after picking up one win and one loss from their opening two games on the road.
- The Stormers beat the Lions 23-17 in their only previous Super Rugby Unlocked fixture; indeed, they are the only team after the opening two rounds to have won a game in which they were trailing at half-time.
- The Pumas have stolen eight lineouts on their opponents’ throw in Super Rugby Unlocked – twice as many as any other team.
- Stormers scrumhalf Herschel Jantjies has been directly involved in nine tries in his last nine games across Super Rugby Unlocked and Super Rugby (five tries, four try assists).
LIONS vs CHEETAHS (Saturday, 16:30)
- The Lions have won their last six games against the Cheetahs in Super Rugby; although this will be their first encounter in Super Rugby Unlocked.
- The Lions continue the hunt for their maiden win in Super Rugby Unlocked after snatching bonus-point defeats in each of their two games.
- The Cheetahs have won both of their games in Super Rugby Unlocked; they have conceded just three first-half points in each of them.
- The Cheetahs have gained 486m per game in Super Rugby Unlocked, more than 100m per game more than any other team in the competition.
- Lions flyhalf Elton Jantjies is one of only four players to have both scored a try and assisted a try in a single game of Super Rugby Unlocked after he logged one of each against the Stormers in round two.
BULLS vs SHARKS (Saturday, 19:00)
- The Sharks claimed a 23-15 win in their last Super Rugby game against the Bulls, snapping a nine-game winless streak against them (drawn one, lost eight).
- Each of the Bulls’ two games in Super Rugby Unlocked have been won by the home team; the Bulls picked up a round one win over Griquas before an unsuccessful trip to face the Cheetahs.
- The Sharks earned a 19-16 win over the Lions in their opening game of Super Rugby Unlocked, holding on after having led 13-3 at the interval.
- The Bulls have beaten a total of 48 defenders after the opening two rounds of Super Rugby Unlocked, the most of any team in the competition and 11 more than next-best Cheetahs (37).
- All three of the Bulls’ tries in Super Rugby Unlocked have been scored via forwards; indeed, no other team in the competition has had more than two of their tries scored by forwards.
Photo: Lee Warren/Gallo Images